Monday, August 16, 2010

Diabetes?

Now, I've become comfortable with my weight, put the scale in the closet, and stopped counting calories obsessively.  But I still want to eat healthy and all that, so I do check the nutrition information on everything I eat; especially since I know I'm a sugar addict and diabetes runs in my family.  

However, we went grocery shopping yesterday and I was starving!  Everything looked so delicious!  Especially these...



Ashley...cannot...resist...

In a sugar-withdrawal induced stupor, I completely forgot to check the side of the box and devoured one as soon as we exited Trader Joe's.  Little did I know what a huge mistake I had made.

Later, my boyfriend told me the horrible truth: in just one of those cute little 5 oz ice cream sandwiches was 440 calories!  21 grams of fat!  And 42 grams of sugar!  (Well, at least I could make up for it by eating all the fruits and veggies we just bought, right?  Do some extra yoga?)

In comparison, a McDonald's double cheeseburger at 6 oz has 440 calories and 22 grams of fat.



A 12 oz Coca-Cola has 140 calories and 39 grams of sugar.


A 15 oz milkshake from In-N-Out has 690 calories, 35 grams of fat, and 65 grams of sugar.  The worst by far.


And those are things that I have banished from my diet for obvious reasons. (Okay, okay--I eat them sometimes...)


Too bad.  Those ice cream cookies are BOMB.  I suggest you try one regardless!  It made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.