Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ghost World

After seeing this movie referenced in various blogs, I finally watched Ghost World.  I like to think of myself as "pop-culturally challenged."


All I can say is I wish I'd seen this movie 10 years ago when it came out!  I was 12 and felt like such a huge freak.  (Did everyone else feel like a freak at that age?)  I'm sure that it would've helped me and my misguided adolescent mind.  (At least I discovered Nirvana shortly thereafter.)


Even now it makes me feel cooler.  I AM Enid!  Well, I mean, we dress exactly alike--that's what I mean.  When I saw her, in all her nerdy and outlandish glory, I smiled to myself and said "YES!" to Oscar who was sitting next to me.  I'm serious about this--her general outfits are the same as mine:  nerdy glasses, clompy black shoes, knee-high socks, skirts, weird t-shirts, outrageous prints, bright lipstick.


Furthermore, I am IN LOVE with Thora Birch.


Gorgeous.


And now I'm also obsessed with that Indian song that plays at the beginning.  The choreography is effing amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.