Saturday, March 5, 2011

Etsy Shop Banner Using Gimp

It's time I finally had a nice banner for my Etsy shop.  This one is pretty dumb:

I'm not even sure that it's accurate...  I already know that Gimp is a free graphics manipulation program that many people use, so I downloaded it and tried it out.  I played around with it for a while, but I was so overwhelmed by all the buttons and I just didn't know what the eff I was doing!  Then I saw this article:   Etsy Seller How-To: Banner Tips that had the following simple tutorial to get me started on Gimp.



Ah, the awesomeness that is Etsy!

I opened up Gimp and prepared for the challenge.  Everything about my Etsy shop seems to take so long!  I searched Google for a "heart attack ekg" -type image...
This was kind of a basic idea I was going for.  I changed the background to pink after some mindless clicking and messing up, and then I searched for an awesome font.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.