Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Boredom

I have been suuuuper bored since the start of summer break.  I'm sure part of it has to do with no job/ no purpose -type of feelings.  Feeling guilty for not contributing to the household financially.  Not  having many friends.  Staying inside all day...  Leading to complete lack of motivation and energy.  I began to think, Why am I even getting out of bed?  Why am I getting dressed?  What is the point?  I was bored with life and beginning to get depressed.

But today--no more!!  I realized that I had to go out seeking adventure; it would not come knocking on my door.  So I got dressed in a non-boring outfit and went to the non-boring Pacific Beach.  They have great thrift stores, and I also donated some of my old stuff. 

I wore: a very faded blue tie-dyed undershirt underneath a tight mustard t-shirt that I cut slashes across the front of, a long black flowy cotton skirt past my knees, a purple and black tiger print silky scarf around my neck, my blue hipster nerd glasses, and dark green Vans without laces.  Reddish metalic Urban Decay eyeliner all around my eyes.  Oddly, I'm kind of into the heroin chic/ I partied last night and barely slept makeup look. 

I felt way better today than I have in a long time.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think.